Who the DJI Mavic 2 Enterprise is For?
The DJI Mavic 2 Enterprise is the smallest and most capable drone built for commercial users. The drone has an extended port that allows pilots to connect additional devices needed to transform how they operate in critical situations.
For example, the Mavic DJI Enterprise spotlight can enhance vision in low light areas helping to locate a missing person on a SARS mission. Or the Mavic DJI Enterprise speaker can be attached and provide communication between ground teams during emergencies or to contact victims and gain their status. The Mavic 2 Enterprise is transforming how the emergency services operate, helping to save lives and increase public safety. However, these are not the only uses for the Mavic 2 Enterprise drone series.
Some of the other main applications and uses are:
- • Firefighting
- • Search and Rescue
- • Police Missions
- • Power Inspection
- • Roof Inspection
The best drones for your program depends on the primary applications for which they will be used. Below are some of the most common industries using the Mavic 2 Enterprise series.
Using a drone like the Mavic 2 Enterprise at the fire scene can be a game-changer to keeping firefighters safe and putting out fires more efficiently.
Drone thermal cameras can:
- • Take inventory of critical fire situations quickly.
- • Locate hot spots and victims.
- • Allow the fire chief to deploy his team safely.
The drone thermal camera infrared sensor can see through smoke which helps direct crew to hot spots and monitor rescue teams during entry and exit of a mission. The Mavic 2 Enterprise drones can also be equipped with a spotlight to assist firefighters in dark or low light conditions where eye visibility is difficult.
Not only are drones useful during a fire mission but also after. Once the fire has been put out, a drone can be deployed to collect necessary data to determine the cause of a fire, and it’s damages. Overall, fire departments are finding drones a critical tool that helps them scout out, observe, and monitor big fires and deploy a proper plan that is effective and safe.
Search and Rescue
Search and rescue teams have found it very beneficial and much more cost-effective to use a DJI enterprise drone during any mission. Whether you deploy a drone in response to a kidnapping, locating a missing hiker, or finding a distressed boater, drone capabilities with drone thermal camera / video can be much more effective at saving lives than the old way of doing things. The most time consuming and difficult part of a search and rescue mission is locating the person in distress and then dispatching response teams to their rescue.
Drones can help:
- • Search large areas quickly.
- • Identify the person in distress and access their status, location, and environment.
- • Communicate in real-time to deploy the ground crew in a fraction of the time it took using expensive helicopters and foot traffic.
Overall, search and rescue teams have found using a UAV aircraft is a much more cost-effective way to save lives while on a SAR mission.
There are many reasons why police departments and law enforcement officials use DJI enterprise drones as a critical tool to help them. The main reason being drones can scout out large territory much more quickly and efficiently than officers can on foot or by vehicle. They also give law enforcement a perspective that isn’t available any other way. For example, drones can fit under tree cover, between buildings, get close to dangerous situations and access places that helicopters can’t. And when equipped with a drone thermal camera, drones can easily spot criminals, lost or missing persons hidden or at night. No matter what situation police are called to, drones help them gain a higher-level perspective and the information necessary to make good decisions.
Drones play a big part in keeping our police force and society safer because they can:
- • Track, profile, and communicate with criminals on the run safely.
- • Collect vital information from dangerous situations before having officers enter.
- • Monitor large crowds for suspicious behavior or locate victims in distress.
- • Analyze and report on crime scenes or traffic collisions to reconstruct the scene.
Overall, drone use creates a much more controllable environment for law enforcement to quickly analyze, assess, and deploy the necessary officers to complete any mission safely and effectively.
Mavic 2 Enterprise Drones are becoming vital tools for energy business to collect the information necessary for their operations efficiently. Using drones to inspect, maintain, and fix critical power sources makes the work safer, more efficient and cost-effective. This is becoming a prevalent tool amongst energy inspections of all kinds such as wind, solar, and power lines.
Drones can help support power companies to:
- • Pinpoint defects and identify risks on power equipment.
- • Effectively monitor operations and improve efficiency in inspection and maintenance.
- • Provide access to hard to get to and dangerous locations reducing risk to personnel.
- • Significantly lower thermal inspection costs and complete surveys within minutes instead of hours.
There are significant benefits to having a Mavic 2 Enterprise drone help manage the operations in a power company. The initial investment of a drone could be saved in the first inspection alone.
Having the assistance of a Mavic 2 Enterprise drone can drastically improve your roof inspection business. From estimates to inspections and repairs, using a drone can save you a lot of time and money. Traditional methods of roof inspection can sometimes be dangerous. By deploying a drone rather than personnel, it can help roof inspectors safely and quickly check a roof's status without needing any additional equipment.
A drone can help roof inspection businesses to:
- • Visually conduct full roof inspections without leaving the ground.
- • Use drone thermal camera technology to check for hot spots.
- • Quickly identify defects, leakage, and corrosion issues.
- • Spot leaks early on and prevents costly repairs for building owners.
- • Survey a site in minutes and detect any faults in the structure.
Overall using drones can save time and costs by reducing the number of resources needed for any roof inspection.
As you can see, no matter what industry you’re in, using a Mavic 2 Enterprise drone can help with the efficiency, costs, and safety of any mission. Inquiry today about which solution can help your business thrive.
Mavic 2 Enterprise Drone Features
There are three different versions of the Mavic 2 Enterprise series that support different applications. Below are the individual features for each Mavic 2 Enterprise drone. If you need help choosing which would best fit your application, get in touch with our team today, and we can help point you in the proper direction.
DJI Mavic 2 Enterprise Dual
The DJI Mavic 2 Enterprise dual is mainly used for its drone thermal camera capabilities. It comes with a three-axis gimbal which stabilizes the cameras to capture more reliable footage. The cameras feature both a 4K visual sensor and a FLIR imaging sensor, perfect for capturing thermal data. With both sensors, pilots can perform aerial missions during the day and at night and not so clear conditions. With the Mavic 2 Enterprise Dual, pilots easily measure and store temperature data and thermal images that make it more efficient to analyze and report on in real-time. DJI Mavic 2 Enterprise Dual price can be found on the website.
Mavic Enterprise Zoom
This version of the Mavic 2 Enterprise was created to assist drone pilots in close-range applications and ensure any data captured was as accurate as possible due to the zoom camera feature. As with the Mavic 2 Dual, the Zoom is equipped with a three-axis gimbal; however the camera functions are different. The Mavic 2 Zoom does not come with drone thermal camera, but it does come with the zoom function. The camera has 2X optical and 3X digital zoom that allows drone pilots to operate in close range missions without putting anyone in danger. This incredible camera boasts 4K 12-megapixel imagery and features a 1/2.3 CMOS sensor.
The Mavic 2 Enterprise zoom camera is excellent for pilots looking to conduct critical inspections or monitor equipment, infrastructure, and environments.
Mavic Enterprise Advanced
The Mavic 2 Enterprise Advanced was explicitly made for industrial inspections like telecom, cranes, construction, and more. The new features allow for higher resolutions with a drone thermal camera and visual sensors, critical to job performance. Inspection pilots are able to pinpoint defects and anomalies with better detail and perform operations and maintenance efficiently.
Mavic 2 Enterprise Advanced has an impressive list of features: a drone thermal camera, a 48MP visual camera, an onboard RTK module, 34-minute flight time, improved video transmission signals, obstacle avoidance, and object tracking. Thanks to the new upgrades, the Mavic 2 Enterprise Advanced becomes the ideal drone for complex inspections.
How To Buy A Mavic Enterprise
DJI enterprise is the best drone solution for all your professional needs. You can purchase the DJI Mavic 2 Enterprise drone models from Dynnex Drones and other authorized DJI dealers. We have all three models available for purchase and they all include DJI basic shield protection plans. The Mavic 2 Enterprise price varies depending on what model you decide is proper for you.
You can view the Mavic 2 Enterprise price and different solutions here:
• DJI Mavic 2 Enterprise Advanced with Smart Controller
• DJI Mavic 2 Enterprise Dual
• DJI Mavic 2 Enterprise Dual with Smart Controller
• DJI Mavic 2 Enterprise Zoom
• DJI Mavic 2 Enterprise Zoom with Smart Controller
• DJI Mavic 2 Enterprise Fly More Kit
Mavic 2 Enterprise Frequently Asked Questions
Table Of Contents:
A. DJI Mavic 2 Enterprise Purchase Questions
1. Can I purchase the DJI Mavic 2 Enterprise at the DJI Online Store?
The DJI Mavic 2 Enterprise models can not purchase directly from DJI at this time. They can only be purchased from an authorized DJI dealer or reseller. You can purchase through Dynnex Drones online store as we are an authorized DJI reseller. Visit this page to view the Mavic 2 Enterprise models: Mavic 2 Enterprise
2. What's the difference between the DJI Mavic 2 Enterprise and the DJI Mavic 2?
The DJI Mavic 2 Enterprise is built on the Mavic 2 flight platform. But the main difference is the DJI Mavic 2 Enterprise is specifically built for industrial and commercial applications due to the various added accessory mounts and comes with a self-heating battery, 24GB on storage, DJI airsense, and compatible with the DJI pilot mobile app.
The DJI Mavic Enterprise is an all in one, affordable, thermal, drone used mainly for commercial applications such as search and rescue and police missions. The additional spotlight, loud speaker, and beacon accessories are designed for such commercial missions.
The Mavic 2 Enterprise drone is available in two versions, the Zoom edition and the Dual edition. The Mavic 2 Zoom offers zoom capabilities specific for certain commercial applications. Whereas the Mavic Enterprise Dual edition adds a thermal camera used mainly but removes the zoom feature from the visual camera. That is the main difference between the two DJI Mavic Enterprise models.
3. What advantages does the DJI Mavic 2 Enterprise have over the DJI Mavic 2?
Drone pilots who use drones for commercial purposes will benefit greatly from the DJI Mavic Enterprise model over the DJI Mavic 2 Pro simply because of the added mounts that can hold a loudspeaker, beacon, and spotlights. Some commercial uses require these newly added features.
In addition to those main add ons the DJI Mavic Enterprise models have improved features like AirSense, Ocusync 2.0 - which provides operating capabilities of up to 10 kilometers, higher resolutions, increased anti-interference during flight, lower latency, and password protection.
4. What industries does the DJI Mavic 2 Enterprise serve?
The DJI Mavic 2 Enterprise was built for applications and industries like public safety, search and rescue, commercial and power inspection, fire response, environmental control and law enforcement missions.
5. What is the warranty period for the DJI Mavic 2 Enterprise?
Warranty for product is listed as the following. Limited 1-Year Warranty (Main Controller, Remote Controller, Charger, M2E Spotlight, M2E Speaker, and M2E Beacon) Limited 6-Month Warranty (Gimbal and Camera, Vision Positioning System, Propulsion System (excluding propellers), Battery, and Battery Charging Hub)
B. DJI Mavic 2 Enterprise Aircraft Questions
1. Is the DJI Mavic Enterprise waterproof and can you fly in rain?
The DJI Mavic 2 Enterprise aircraft is not waterproof and DJI strongly suggests not flying during rainy weather unless it’s for an emergency mission.
2. Can the DJI Mavic 2 Enterprise sense obstacles on both sides of the aircraft?
While in Tripod mode the aircraft can sense obstacles on both the left and right side. However when flying in P and S mode you will need to pay attention to your surroundings as the aircraft will not sense obstacles.
3. Does the DJI Mavic 2 Enterprise have ‘follow me’ mode?
Yes there are quite a few different flight modes. The DJI Mavic 2 Enterprise flight modes are Active Track where you can trace, profile, and use the spotlight, It has Follow behind mode which is used to circle a subject, it also has Profile mode which will fly alongside a person or object in motion, it has Spotlight mode which is meant to keep the camera on a specific target while in flight, it also has Gesture mode, Tap to fly more, and terrain follow mode. No matter when application you are using the DJI Mavic 2 Enterprise drone for it will have a flight mode to suit your needs.
4: What is the maximum flight time of the DJI Mavic 2 Enterprise?
This depends on the accessories you have loaded to the aircraft. But in general the maximum flight time is 31 minutes at a consistent speed of 25KPH. The average flight time when the aircraft is carrying the spotlight, beacon, and loudspeaker is about 25 minutes.
5: What are the dimensions of the DJI Mavic Enterprise aircraft body?
The size of the aircraft when extended and in flight is 322 X 242 X 84. When the aircraft is folded for transport the size is 214 X 91 X 84.
6: How much does the DJI Mavic 2 Enterprise aircraft weigh?
The aircraft weighs 905g without any accessories attached. The aircraft weight will change depending on how many additional accessories are attached.
7: How much internal storage does the DJI Mavic 2 Enterprise have?
The internal storage of the aircraft is 24GB and the camera supports a micro SD with a capacity of 128GB.
8. What apps are compatible with the DJI Mavic 2 Enterprise?The DJI Mavic 2 Enterprise is compatible with the DJI flight hub and the Pilot mobile app.
9. What kind of temperature measuring function does the DJI Mavic 2 Enterprise dual support?
The DJI Mavic 2 Enterprise Dual supports Spot Meter and Area Measurement.
10. What factors influence the DJI Mavic 2 Enterprise Dual temperature accuracy?
There are three things that influence the temperature accuracy. The first is the influence of the atmosphere. The higher the temperature and humidity the greater measurement error can occur. The second factor is the distance between the camera and the object you are following. The more distance between the camera and object the higher the temperature measurement error. The last factor is the emissivity and background temperature of the object you are tracking. When the surface of the measured object is low and the background temperature is high it will cause an increased temperature measurement error.
11. What does FCC stand for and what does it do with the DJI Mavic 2 Enterprise?
FFC stands for Flat Field Correction. After you calibrate the DJI Mavic 2 Enterprise, the thermal image quality will be improved, and temperature changes are easier to observe.
C. Remote Controller Questions:
1. How long does it take to charge the DJI Mavic 2 Enterprise remote controller?
The controller takes around 2 hours and 15 minutes to fully charge.
2. What is the operating frequency of the DJI Mavic 2 Enterprise remote controller?
The operating frequency is 2.400 - 2.483 GHz; 5.725 - 5.850 GHz.
3. What is the size of the DJI Mavic 2 Enterprise remote controller?
The remote controller size when folded is 145×80×48 mm (L×W×H). The remote controller size when unfolded is 190×115×100 mm (L×W×H).
4. What kinds of USB ports do the DJI Mavic 2 Enterprise remote controller support?
The USB ports supported with the remote controller are Lightning, Micro USB (Type-B), USB Type-C™.
D. Password Protection Questions
1. What is the purpose for the password function on the DJI Mavic 2 Enterprise?
Password protection is used to protect the user data stored on the device’s onboard storage.
2. Does the password protection function also apply to the Micro SD card inserted in the DJI Mavic 2 Enterprise?
No. The password protection function is only available to protect the 24GB of onboard storage.
3. In what situation would you need to enter a password for the DJI Mavic Enterprise 2?
There are three instances where you will need to enter the password. When the aircraft is powering on. When the aircraft connects to the remote controller and when accessing the onboard storage data via a computer.
4. Can the password for the DJI Mavic 2 Enterprise be reset manually?
Yes, you can reset the password manually.
E. GPS Timestamping Questions
1. What information does the GPS timestamping function record on the DJI Mavic 2 Enterprise?
The GPS timestamping feature records the time and GPS coordinates of when and where images are taken with the aircraft.
2. How is the GPS timestamping enabled on the DJI Mavic 2 Enterprise?
The GPS timestamping function can be enabled through the camera settings.
3. On the DJI Mavic 2 Enterprise do you have to manually enable the GPS coordinate and timestamp feature or is it automatically turned on?
The GPS timestamping feature needs to be manually turned on. You can turn this feature on under the camera settings.
F. Spotlight Questions
1. With the DJI Mavic 2 Enterprise models can you adjust the spotlight angle through the remote controller?
No this feature is not available. You must adjust the spotlight manually before flight.
2. With the DJI Mavic 2 Enterprise drones what is the illumination distance of the spotlight?
Depending on environments and conditions the effective illumination distance of the spotlight is around 5 kilometers.
G. Loudspeaker Questions
1. With the DJI Mavic 2 Enterprise what is the effective communication distance of the loudspeaker?
This depends on the background noise conditions but in general with not much interference the distance is about 20 - 40 meters.
2. What operation modes does the loudspeaker have on the DJI Mavic 2 Enterprise? Does it support real-time voice transmission?
There are two ways to use the loudspeaker. The first way is to play voice messages that are pre-recorded with the DJI Pilot app and the second way is real time transmission of voice call outs from the ground.
H. DJI Mavic Enterprise Battery Questions
1. How do you enable the self-heating function of the DJI Mavic 2 Enterprise batteries?
When the batteries are powered and installed on the aircraft the self heating function will be automatically enabled. However If the temperature is between -10°C to 6°C, the battery power is higher than 50%, and the battery is powered off, you can press and hold the battery power button for 5 seconds and it will also enable the self heating function.
2. Can I use the DJI Mavic 2 Enterprise batteries on Mavic 2 series and vice versa?
Yes, you can interchange these batteries.
3. Is it possible with the DJI Mavic 2 Enterprise charger to charge the remote controller and the batteries at the same time?
Yes, you can charge both at the same time.
3. How long does it take to charge the DJI Mavic 2 Enterprise batteries?
For a full charge it takes approximately 1.5 hours depending on how depleted the batteries were in the first place.