OUT OF STOCK
Tiffen Aerial Filter Kit for Autel Robotics X-Star Camera
- ND4, ND8, ND16, and Polarizer Filters
- Protective Filter Pouch Included
- For X-Star Series Standard Camera Module
This Tiffen Aerial Filter Kit was specifically designed for Autel Robotics' X-Star Premium and X-Star drones (standard camera module). The kit includes three Neutral Density filters (ND4, ND8, ND16) and one Polarizer, along with a Tiffen filter pouch to keep everything clean and safe.
Here’s a quick sample of drone video footage captured with an ND filter.
One of the most challenging aspects of drone photography and videography is mastering exposure. With most drone cameras, you can control the exposure by adjusting the shutter speed and ISO (the aperture is set at a fixed level). But even with a quality camera and optimized settings you can still experience glare, overexposure, harsh shadows, and the dreaded jello effect.
Drone camera filters are semi-transparent glass accessories that can be attached to the outside of the camera. There are several different types of filters, but the primary purpose of all filters is to control the light that enters the camera — which directly impacts exposure levels.
Learning how to use neutral density and polarizing filters can help you consistently create high quality aerial imagery and provide you with a quick and easy tool for mitigating exposure-related problems.
Neutral density filters
Neutral density (ND) filters reduce the amount of light that passes through the camera lens, which gives you the ability to slow down the shutter speed without risking overexposure. ND filters use a numeric naming system the allows you to easily identify the specific amount of light the filter reduces (for example, an ND 2 filter reduces the light by one stop and lets in half the light; an ND 4 filter reduces the light by two stops and lets in ¼ the amount of the light, an ND 8 filter reduces the light by four stops and lets in ⅛ the amount of light, and so on).
ND filters can reduce glare, improve saturation, and enhance color. When you’re filming on bright, sunny days, using an ND filter gives you the ability to capture smooth video quality that might not otherwise be possible.
The following three ND filters cover a broad range of lighting scenarios, and are great tools to keep on hand whenever you fly:
- ND 4: If you’re capturing video or photographs in conditions with decreasing light (such as dusk or dawn) the ND 4 filter can be a great option as it reduces shutter speed by two stops.
- ND 8: An ND 8 filter reduces shutter speed by three stops, and provides better image control during cloudy conditions. ND 16: When conditions are bright or partly cloudy, an
- ND 16: filter is a good option as the darker glass filters out more light and reduces the shutter speed by four stops.
Most quality drone cameras do a good job of automatically adjusting the shutter speed when you’re using ND filters, but if you’re not getting the results you expect, you can always alter the settings manually. Consider using manual exposure especially when the sun is in the frame: you’ll need to make a creative decision about how to balance the bright sky with the darker ground, depending on the overall look you’re trying to achieve and what post-processing your footage will undergo.
Here’s a quick sample of drone video footage captured with an ND filter.
Polarizing filters are specifically designed to filter reflected light. Using polarizing filters enables you to:
- Minimize reflective glare: Whether you’re filming a remote lake in the mountains or capturing the perfect sunset at the beach, reflective glare from bodies of water can negatively impact the quality of your videos or photographs. With polarizing filters, you can minimize reflective glare while still capturing reflections in the water from the surrounding scenery. Polarizing filters also reduce reflective glare from buildings, rivers, and other objects in urban areas.
- Reduce haziness: Even when the weather conditions are clear, distant scenery can appear hazy. Polarizing filters reduce the hazy appearance, and enable you to capture images with dark blue skies and landscapes with vibrant, saturated colors.
- Limit post-production work: Another bonus of polarizing filters is that they limit post-production work. Because images and video captured with a polarizing filter already have rich, dramatic color, you won’t have to spend as much time in post production making edits and modifications.
Polarizing filters have become a favorite accessory for landscape photographers — though the benefits are clearly applicable to all types of photography and videography.
The bottom line
Drone camera filters give you an additional method for controlling the light that enters your camera. Mastering the exposure levels of your photos and videos is challenging, but with the right drone camera filter you can reduce glare, minimize reflected light, and create beautiful, color-rich aerial imagery — even when lighting conditions are less than ideal.
- Tiffen filter kit for Autel Robotics X-Star series (standard camera module)
- ND4, ND8, ND16, and Polarizer filters
- Includes soft protective filter pouch and quick reference guide
- Backed by Autel Robotics customer support: U.S. based, seven days a week
1.22” diameter x 0.27” H
4.25”W x 4”H x 0.875”D
This Tiffen Aerial Filter Kit was specifically designed for Autel Robotics’ X-Star Premium and X-Star drones (standard camera module). The kit includes three Neutral Density filters (ND4, ND8, ND16) and one Polarizer, along with a Tiffen filter pouch to keep filters safe and organized when not in use. These high-quality filters are threaded to quickly and securely screw onto the X-Star’s camera module.
ND Filters and Polarizers are essential filters for any landscape or aerial photographer. ND filters help prevent overexposure and can be used to draw attention to a subject by making the foreground or background out of focus. Polarizing filters reduce glare from surfaces such as water and produce dramatically blue skies.
Each filter is optimized to provide enhanced results in specific lighting situations.
ND4 - Best used during early morning or late evening; reduces shutter speed by 2 stops.
ND8 - Best used during cloudy conditions; reduces shutter speed by 3 stops.
ND16 - Best used during bright conditions or during partly cloudy days; reduces shutter speed by 4 stops.
Polarizer - Can be used during any daytime flight. This filter adds contrast to blue skies and makes the clouds pop off the background. The polarizer will also help reduce glare from reflective surfaces such as water or glass.
Tiffen is a leading manufacturer of imaging accessories for the consumer/ professional imaging and the motion picture and broadcast television industries.
Free shipping on all orders $500 or more!
We ship faster than our competitors. Most items ship from our own warehouses which cuts down on processing time. We have offer 5 warehouses to ship from located in the U.S. which means you get your goods quickly and affordably.
SHIPPING AND DELIVERY:
We offer fast, easy, and reliable shipping to the 48 contiguous US states. Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, and any US territory may incur additional shipping charges. All orders will be shipped within 2-3 business day’s from receipt of payment if inventory allows. DynnexDrones uses USPS, FedEx, and UPS for delivery carriers. Your shipment will be received between 1-7 business days depending on location. When your product has shipped a confirmation email will be sent which will include a tracking number for your convenience.
PRODUCTS DIRECT FROM MANUFACTURER:
Certain items sold through DynnexDrones website will be shipped to customers directly from the manufacturer. These items typically take 7-10 business days to arrive within all U.S. destinations. We reserve the right based on our companies inventory requirements to ship directly from the manufacturer on such items.
DAMAGED PRODUCTS OR INCORRECT ITEMS:
Accidents happen, and we are here to help in these situations. If you receive a damaged product or incorrect items please contact our customer support specialists within 3 business days from receipt. Our team will do the best they can to rectify the situation in a timely fashion. Please contact our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
INCORRECT SHIPPING ADDRESS:
If a package is refused for delivery due to a incorrect shipping address provided by the customer they shall be liable for all shipping costs occurred to DynnexDrones. The shipping costs may include but are not limited to, original product shipment fees, and product shipment fees to DynnexDrones warehouse. Once DynnexDrones warehouse receives the package we will refund the original order price minus shipment fees to the original form of payment. Shipping charges will apply even if you did not originally pay for shipping due to a coupon code or promotion. These fees are accessed so that unnecessary shipping costs are not incurred. Making it possible to deliver the best prices possible to our customers because we care.
Return, Refund, and Shipping Policies:
We here at DynnexDrones strive to exceed customers expectations in every way. Our team always goes above and beyond to make sure you are 100% satisfied with your purchase. We offer a 10 day buyers remorse return policy. Unopened boxes can be returned with no questions asked. Opened or flown items will not be eligible for returns. (Excluded Hubsan Products which can only be exchanged. Contact us for more information at info@DynnexDrones.com)
Before you can return an item, customers must obtain a Return Merchandise Authorization number (RMA). RMA Authorizations are valid for a period of seven (7) days from date of issue and must be post marked accordingly. Items marked (SOP) Special Order Product are not eligible for returns under this policy.
Please read the following for your specific return needs.
Manufacturer Warranty/Return/Repair/Exchange is not transferable. Only direct buyers of Dynnex Drones are covered under manufacturer warranty. Resale to third parties voids the warranty.
To request a RMA please send an email to email@example.com.
The following information must be included in the RMA email in order for us to process your request.
- Order number
- Reason for the return.
- If there are multiple products in your order you must state which product you wish to return.
Our team will get back to you within 2 business days from receipt of the email, and provide you with the RMA number and return 'ship to address' if approved.
For RMA approval the following conditions must apply to your order:
- Item or Items purchased must be unopened and in the same condition received in, including all security tags attached and original packaging untouched.
- Receipt of purchase or proof of purchase is mandatory and all original packing slips, documents, manuals, warranty cards, and accessories need to be included in the return package in order to be accepted.
- Unopened boxes will have a no questions asked policy and will be accepted within a 10 day period from when the item was purchased.
- Items will not be accepted if they have been activated, previously flown, or have any signs of wear and tear.
- All return approvals are at the sole discretion of Dynnex Drones return team and exceptions may be made to the above stated policies at any time.
- Some items may be subject to a minimum 15% restocking fee.
Refusal of Delivery:
If a package is refused for delivery, the customer will be responsible for actual shipping charges incurred by DynnexDrones.com. Once we receive the package back in our warehouse, we will issue a credit to the original credit card for the purchase price less the actual shipping cost of shipping the package to you. This shipping charge will apply even if you were not originally charged shipping under a free shipping promotion. The purpose of this is to defray unnecessary shipping costs and to allow us to offer the lowest prices possible. This does not apply to packages that appear to be damaged in shipping. All returned packages are subject to a min restocking fee of 10% depending on the order and product.
Minimum 24 hours’ notice of cancellation is required and minimum 6% handling fee will be charged. The user may cancel via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by phone (888) 469-5963. You must receive a confirmation by the Dynnex Drones team of your cancellation notice otherwise its null and void.
DynnexDrones.com processes refunds in accordance with the Consumer Protection Legislation. Once we receive your item our return team will inspect it and promptly notify you the status of your refund. If your return is approved we will immediately initiate a refund to the method of payment used for purchase. Please check with your banking institution on refund policy procedures and credit back timing.
A return of new/unused items for store credit, refund, or exchange please allow 2-7 days processing time. We process all returns as rapidly as possible, and your return is very important to us. If your return is waiting upon store credit, you will be emailed a credit code that can be used with your next order.For more read our Easy Returns policy.